Paul Evans' Pittsburgh Panthers entered the 1987-1988 season with high hopes of making a Final Four. Led by Charles Smith and Jerome Lane, Pitt was ranked #5 in the AP Poll to open the season and they lived up to the hype.
Pitt finished the season 22-5 and won the BIG EAST regular season championship. They earned the #2 seed in the Midwest Region of the NCAA Tournament. They dismantled Eastern Michigan before being upset by #7 Vanderbilt in the 2nd round of the tournament ending an otherwise great season.
Charles Smith would earn BIG EAST Player of the Year honors after averaging 19 points and 8 rebounds per game.
- Modern standard-length fit
- Material: Double-ply 100% pro aero mesh
- Hemmed shorts at both sides
- Elastic waistband with drawstring
- Sublimated team graphics
- Officially licensed
- All Designs are trademarks of 19nine, LLC.