UConn women's basketball changed the history of the sport in 1985 when they hired a Virginia assistant coach named Geno Auriemma. It was 10 years later that the nation took notice.
The UConn Huskies started the season with one goal, get the senior class back to the Final Four where they had been as freshman in 1991. Those goals changed after the Huskies started the season 12-0 setting up a showdown with national power, the Tennessee Volunteers coached by the legend Pat Summitt. It was the game that changed women's basketball forever. UConn won 77-66 and a new superpower in the sport was born.
Led by transcendent star, Rebecca Lobo, UConn would go on to achieve an undefeated 35-0 record and give Auriemma his first National Championship. They redefined the sport and their legacy lives on today.
- Modern Standard-Length Unisex Fit
- Material: Double Ply 100% Pro Aero Mesh
- Hemmed Pockets at Both Sides
- Elastic Waistband with Drawstring
- Sublimated Team Graphics
- Officially Licensed
- All Designs are trademarks of 19nine, LLC.
- This product is excluded from discounts