Coming off a loss to Connecticut in the 1995 National Championship game, Pat Summitt's Lady Vols were primed for another Final Four run in 1996. Led by Michelle Marciniak and all world super frosh Chamique Holdsclaw Tennessee finished the season 30-4 and back in the Final Four.
Of their 4 losses, three of them came to the other teams joining them at the Final Four. UConn, Stanford and Georgia had all beaten the Lady Vols earlier that season. The Final Four game against UConn was widely billed as the greatest women's game of all time with Tennessee prevailing by 5 in OT.
The championship game against conference foe Georgia was less of a nail biter and more of a coronation for Summitt and the Vols, 83-65.
- Modern Standard-Length Fit
- Material: Double Ply 100% Pro Aero Mesh
- Hemmed Shorts at Both Sides
- Elastic Waistband with Drawstring
- Sublimated Team Graphics
- Officially Licensed
- All Designs are trademarks of 19nine, LLC.
- Product is excluded from discounts